Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pre-Dinner Munchies

Pre-Dinner snacks are as big of a tradition in my family as turkey and gravy. My wonderful aunts usually make 4-5 different dips or platters for the family to munch on while dinner is being prepared. My grandpa and the other men in the house especially love having these snacks for the football game. Here are just a few of my favorites:

 
Cheesy Bread Dip. I tried this recipe about 3 months ago at a friend's house and it was a big hit. http://triedandtasty.com/2011/01/cheesy-baked-dip/  And it is even better when you get to eat the bread bowl.

 We have had Onion Dip with chips for as long as I can remember. It's such an easy recipe: just pick up a pack of dry onion dip mix (I think it's in the salad dressing aisle), a container of sour cream (follow recipe on the onion dip mix package), and chips.

 Here is another great side that my Aunt Jennifer makes. I was surprised by how much my husband really liked them. All it is is a slice of cream cheese next to a jalapeno rolled up in a salami. Use a tooth pick to hold together. (I usually take out the jalapeno and eat the rest.)

 My family really likes chips and dip so here is another recipe. Take a block of cream cheese and pour salsa over it. Eat with chips or veggies. The last few years, someone has been bringing peach salsa and putting it over the cream cheese. I think I like that better. I'm not sure where they get it from, but if you ever see peach salsa you should try it.

And for good measure, one of my Aunts usually puts out a veggie tray. It usually consists of olives, carrots, celery, pickles, and carrots with ranch in the middle.

This is a new recipe for me but I love it! It's fruit salad with cinnamon chips. This recipe uses very few ingredients, but I've had fruit salsa with all kinds of fruit including mango, strawberries, raspberries, bananas, etc. Also, if you don't want to make chips you can get cinnamon flavored Pita chips from the store. This is a great way to incorporate fruit into your Thanksgiving feast. 

Hope You Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment