Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Scott and Angie Tie the Knot!

 Congratulations Scott & Angie!! I spent the better part of last week in California preparing for Angie and Scott's wedding reception. It was the perfect mixture of rustic antique and a country feel with a burst of soft purple to capture your attention.











Angie used bird cages to draw guests' attention to the center of the table. She accented it with 3 stacked books painted ivory, a short clear vase filled with purple and white flowers, and small off-white candle holders with lace detail. Everything sits on a burlap table runner trimmed with an off-white and purple print.

As much as I'd like to claim this cake I have to give credit to my mom who baked the cakes and laid the fondant. I was also inspired by a photo Angie provided for me. I did, however, make the fabric flowers! 

  This was such a cute idea my mom had. She bought the dresser off of craigslist.com and the shelf came from Good Will. She painted them white, added a few ornaments, and VOILA!! A cute place to put guests' presents.
Bridal shower cupcakes. I get to take credit for the decorations on the cupcakes . Zebra print was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment