Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pants to Shorts in Style

Growing up, one of the most embarrassing moments was walking out the door with jeans that were cut into shorts. They fray and unraveled like nobodies business and by all means the legs were never the same length. However, with the Daisy Duke, underwear like shorts these days I decided to give the "home-made-shorts" second chance.

     1. I started with a pair of jeans that were tattered
         at the bottom, but still fit on the top. 

2. While wearing the jeans I marked about two
 inches below my knee cap (which leaves enough fabric to roll). Then I cut the legs. Here is the tricky part, making the legs even. I folded my shorts in half and recut the longer leg. (They don't need to perfectly even or straight. And be careful not to cut them too short.)




 3. To prevent fraying and to add a little style, I folded the ends over twice.

4. And to keep the fold, I made two knot stitches on each side of the hem.










 Ta-Da!! Cute, functional, and modest. They have been worn twice and have held up great.

1 comment:

  1. kudos! they are cute... i wish i could finish projects lol.

    ReplyDelete